How much do you know about the gas tax that funds Texas roadways? The following questions and answers (scroll down for answers) come from the HOT WTS New Technologies and Tools seminar in Austin last week.
Texas Gas Tax Quiz: The Questions
- How many cents per gallon is the Texas gas tax?
- How many cents per gallon is the Federal gas tax?
- How much does the average Texas driver pay per month in gas tax?
- How much does the average person pay per month for their cell phone bill?
- In what year was the Texas gas tax last raised?
- Since the Texas fuel tax isn’t tied to inflation, how much has inflation eroded the tax?
- What percentage of our transportation funds comes from gas taxes?
Texas Gas Tax Quiz: The Answers
- 20 cents per gallon
- 18.4 cents per gallon
- 6 cents (the inflation adjusted gas tax is 14 cents)
So how’d you do? I’m ashamed to admit that I failed this quiz with flying colors. Would you forward the Texas Gas Tax quiz on to folks that you know? Let’s raise awareness that we pay 3 times more for our cell phones each month than for our roads.
Do you have any other questions that I should add to the Texas Gas Tax Quiz? You should leave me a comment.